Lifestraw lets you drink directly from a river or container of water and is ideal for hiking, backpacking, camping, travel, and emergency preparedness. The straw-style filter design lets you turn up to 4,000 liters of contaminated water into safe drinking water.
The original, award-winning ultralight personal “straw” filter for outdoor
sports, survival and emergencies.
5 years worth of drinking water in the palm of your hand.
The LifeStraw personal water filter will transform 1,000 gallons (4,000
litres) of contaminated water into clean water.
Hiking and Camping
At only 57 grams (2 oz.), LifeStraw is the perfect water filter for hiking
and camping. Drink straight from the nearest stream, puddle, or pond. It’s
the fastest way to filter. Never again pump or wait for chemicals to react.
Hunting and Fishing
LifeStraw provides a compact, ultralight solution for clean drinking water
in the field. Don’t bother carrying heavy water bottles – simply drink
from the nearest river or stream.
Ensure your peace of mind when travelling. LifeStraw removes 99.99% of
bacteria and protozoa, including Salmonella, E. coli, Giardia and
Cryptosporidium. LifeStraw is proven, reliable and effective, which makes
it the perfect travel accessory.
Preparedness and Survival
Having a LifeStraw Personal water filter at hand provides access to clean,
safe drinking water in the event of a natural disaster or if your water
source becomes contaminated. There are no batteries to replace and no
moving parts to wear out. Perfect for a vehicle or home emergency kit.
- Ultimate survival tool, no shelf life, easy to clean and store, used and
tested all over the globe
- Ultralight: weighs only 2 ounces (57 grams)
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards
- Portable: only 9” (22.5 cm) long and 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter
- Requires no electrical power, batteries or replacement parts
- BPA free and contains no chemicals
- LifeStraw personal water filter includes mouthpiece cap, bottom cap
and detachable lanyard
- Filtration technology: Hollow fiber microfiltration membrane (0.2
- Filter lifetime: 1,000 gallons (4,000 liters). Pores clog over time as
filter is used; reaching end of life when water cannot pass through
- No aftertaste: LifeStraw doesn’t use iodine or iodinated resin
- Removes 99.999999% of waterborne bacteria, including E. coli and
- Removes 99.999% waterborne protozoa, including Giardia and
- Removes 99.999% of microplastics